October 4, 2009

The Imperfect Me

I don't care like so many others to drive a fancy car
I have yet in my life to travel to places very far

I don't even like to shop at the mall
I will never be considered the Belle of the Ball

I once use to be so very shy
I swear it is so very easy for me to cry

I grew up in the streets of the inner city
I didn't even think that I was all that pretty

I use to be called Ms. Goody-Two-Shoes
I don't know if anybody knows all the hell that I been through

I never once thought I could be among the best
I guess cause I compared myself to all of the rest

I don't care if I never experience my claim to fame
I don't even care if people know me by name

I possess of multitude of outstanding skills
I don't promote them cause I chose to live a life of no frills

I enjoy living my life primarily behind the scenes
I rather keep a low profile by being unseen

I am like a turtle hidden deep in his shell
In total conclusion I prefer to dwell

I like the simplest pleasures
I think it’s these things I most treasure

I really don't like to boast or to brag
I think about it and it just makes me gag

I guess there is alot wrong with me
I think this is the way God has made me to be

I guess some people might not like what they see
But I am truly happy just being the IMPERFECT ME.

3 comments:

  1. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete